Ice cream ? Why not, this year’s weather in fall is very inviting to have cold and warm dessert. In California, weather can be as warm as 22 C/72 F in fall this year. This recipe does not need ice cream maker to make this ice cream. Original recipe is from America’s Test Kitchen but I modified to my taste.
- 100 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 50 gr white chocolate
- 1 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 75 gr sour cream
- a pinch of salt
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 75 – 100 gr rough crushed Oreo (scrap out the cream)
- Combine sweetened condensed milk with white chocolate in the medium bowl, microwave it for 1 minutes. Stir halfway through and let it cool. I was melting the chocolate and the milk using double boiler or put it in the glass bowl over the boiling water in the saucepan ( don’t let the bowl touch the water, otherwise it will burn the chocolate). Let it cool
- Add the vanilla extract to the white chocolate mixture, mix it well.
- Add the sour cream to the white chocolate mixture, mix it well.
- Add salt, incorporate well.
- Whip the heavy cream with electric mixer until the soft peak.
- Whisk 1/3 of whipped cream to the white chocolate mixture and fold the rest.
- Gently whisk the Oreo crushed to the mixture.
- Pour the ice cream mixture to the air tight container, freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Enjoy your ice cream !