Last summer, My daughter and I were traveling to Indonesia; my hometown country. I also got wonderful opportunities to visit Bali and Lombok. While staying in Bali, I also experienced their authentic foods such as : Ayam Betutu, Sate Lilit and Sambal Matah. I made Sambal Matah (Balinese called Sambal Matah because all raw (mentah in Indonesian or Matah in Balinese language; ingredients used in this recipe). The best way to eat raw garlic without having to feel ewwww… afterwards.
- 1 (one) big shallots, diced thinly
- 2 (two) cloves of garlic, diced thinly
- 7 (seven) chilies padi , seeded. Diced
- 1 (one) white part of lemon grass, peel the skin until you see the soft part of lemon grass. Diced thinly
- 3 (three) lime leaves, washed throughly and cut away the middle part then diced thinly
- 2 (two) tablespoons of squeezed of lime
- Salt to taste
- 3 (three) tablespoons of hot oil
- Combine shallots, garlic, chilies, lemon grass in a bowl. Add salt and lime juice, mash them very lightly . Set aside
- Heat oil till warm enough then pour into the all ingredients. Incorporate well. Serve with any kind meats, or veggies.