Last week the weather was so hot even I; born as a tropical girl could not stand it. On Monday, the heat spike to 104 Fahrenheit (or 40 Celsius). And on the following days were so unpleasantly hot too. I was craving for something cold and sweet, making lemonade crossed my mind but lemons were not available at home and I also did not feel like going out to get them.
After looking for dessert’s ideas on the internet, I decided to make Coconut Panna Cotta. I found this recipe when I still had an account at Multiply.com (back in 2007). But I forgot to write down the source.
Coconut Panna Cotta
- 1 Can coconut milk; 400 ml. You can also substitute with heavy cream
- 300 ml milk
- 80 gr sugar
- 3/4 tsp agar-agar powder
- 1 cup fresh mixed berries
- 100 gr sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Direction for making Coconut Panna Cotta:
- Place coconut milk, milk, sugar and agar-agar powder in the medium pot.
- Stir then rest for 10 minutes
- Bring the ingredients to gentle simmer. Let it slightly cool
- Pour into serving glasses
- Refrigerate for 4- 6 hours
Direction for making Berry Sauce:
- Combine Sugar, strawberries and raspberries, lemon juice in small saucepan.
- Bring to simmer until it’s syrupy
- Divide equally on top of panna cotta
Serve Coconut Panna Cotta with berry sauce or simply with fresh berries.