I thought it is going to be chilled this fall but I was wrong so far because it’s still warm during the day. Making an ice cream sounds a good idea, not only a solution for me to cool off the day but also this recipe does not need ice cream maker. Works for me ! since I don’t have one.
I got this recipe from Cook’s Country magazine years ago, actually I took all these pictures back in 2009 I did not take the new pictures as I was struggling with styling and the heat. As you can see the styling (back then) was so awful (to my recent standard). This recipe is quite simple but it tastes so good, go ahead give it a try.
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups of cold heavy cream
- Combine coffee and hot water. Let it stand until coffee dissolves, about 5 minutes
- Melt the chocolate in double boiler or in the microwave, cool aside.
- Add milk, coffee and vanilla extract to chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- Whip heavy cream to soft peak, fold in chocolate mixture.
- Pour into plastic air tight container, freeze for 6 hours