Hot chocolate, please ?
I know it is spring now, but sometimes it’s still chill in the morning. It feels good to sip a warm drink before starting your day but oh well I don’t have the privilege to have that before I start my morning. Usually, I am busy preparing breakfast for my little family and get ready to send my daughter to school. I only grab my toast and a glass of water for my breakfast. And when I get home, house chores waiting to get done. But ! weekend is different, I can sleep in a little bit and have glorious (and sometimes fancy) breakfast to enjoy. Oh… I love weekend so much !
I usually enjoy a cup of hot chocolate with banana fritter or egg tarts bought from 85 Cafe while looking out the Pacific Ocean, life is good !
There is a Starbucks at Golden Cove shopping center (not far from where I live) with the view of Pacific Ocean, I already have that kind of view so there’s no need for me to go there just for a view (maybe ?) or hot chocolate. My place can provide that ! both hot chocolate and the view of Pacific Ocean. Here’s a view from my balcony.
Well, let’s start making this hot chocolate before you get bored with my story.
- 50 gr dark chocolate/bittersweet chocolate
- 500 ml almond milk
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 – 6 tablespoons sugar
- Marshmallow and dark chocolate chip to garnish
- Place all the ingredients in the saucepan
- Stir them with medium heat using whisk
- Bring to boil , let the chocolate melt and sugar dissolve, stir to combine well.
- Turn off the heat and pour to the cups.
- Top with marshmallow and chocolate chip, serve warm.
Note : the chocolate drink will be sweeter if you put marshmallow on top of it so use 4 tablespoons of sugar if you plan to garnish with marshmallow.