I bought a bunch of limes and I already used some of them for limeade but there are still some limes left. I found lemon curd recipe on the internet. I never try what is lime curd like and curious to try this recipe. I have tried pineapple butter and it turned out this recipe taste similar to that. This curd is perfect for spread on the bread, crackers. I also used this curd for pastry filling, yummy…
This recipe is simple and only requires 5 ingredients to make, let’s get cooking
Ingredients : (Make 2 small jars)
- 3 medium eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of fresh lime juice and zest
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Combine eggs, sugar, zest and lime juice in the medium saucepan. Whisk it until smooth and well combined.
- Turn on the the heat, stay in low heat. Stir constantly with whisk or wooden spoon until the mixtures thickens. Add the butter and stir constantly, turn down the heat to the very low and keep stirring until smooth. It is about 10-15 minutes and turn off the heat. Let it completely cool and store in the sterilised jars.
I am not kind of person who like to put time in preparing my breakfast,I usually have a very simple one.A lot of time I don’t have breakfast, but when I have time I’d like to have a very nice one.
It’s been hot lately though it’s already fall season. I like something light and easy to digest. I made this salad 3 days in a row, takes less than 10 minutes to prepare it.
Here what I made, Salmon Salad
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped roughly
- 1 gala apple, cut into small cubes
- 4 white mushroom, diced
- Smoked salmon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp of honey
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Put lettuce, apple, mushroom and smoked salmon in the medium bowl. Set aside
- Prepare the dressing; pour olive oil, lemon juice, honey, black pepper and salt in the small jar. Close the lid and shake vigorously. Pour into the bowl, incorporate well.
On the weekend, sometimes when it’s not too frantic at home I usually like to put time to prepare special breakfast for my little family. I like to have waffles with fruits meanwhile my daughter likes to have plain or just with powdered sugar. I don’t make waffles from scratch just heat them from the frozen one.
Sometimes, having granola for breakfast will be more than enough.
What’s your breakfast ?